Ok, people. 5 easy steps to get rid of Facebook game invites once and for all.
- Open the Facebook settings menu
- Click ‘Settings’ from that menu
- On the left menu that appeared there is a menu item called ‘Apps’. Click that
- To get details on the Apps and a good explanation, click on ‘Edit’. A big grey panel expands.
- On that panel is a button marked ‘Turn Off Platform‘. After reading the instructions on the panel, click the button.
From now on you will no longer receive mail or invitations from new apps. Please note the following:
“Apps you’ve previously installed may still have info you shared. Please contact these apps for details on removing this data“
Easy as PI.
In order to better support my clients and customers, I have installed osTicket. osTicket is a freeware Support Ticket system able to poll an email folder so that it looks like a mail server. It also provides full web access to the client’s ticket.
As of now, the best ways to contact me are:
Just minutes ago, I pushed 2 updates to Apple (stop tinkering, i said to myself):
The SimplyStats update brings a few fixes and features that could not make it in the previous release, due to a very tricky release plan involving Ad’s and In-App purchases. This update is a roll-up update, and all the parked features are now tested and shipped.
Syas Nomis is a small iPhone game I made for your enjoyment. Just press buttons, and try to remember the sequence that gets longer and longer!
As of now, both updates are published.
Both the apps are free in the App Store.
Even though drives are getting pretty cheap lately, filling up an entire 5-bay NAS can get pretty expensive, considering the fact that 4Tb drives are still around €150 for a WD Red. Instead of buying 5, i choose to install only 2 and expand the system as I go. Time goes fast, so last week I bought a 3rd drive for my DS1513+ NAS.
After inserting the drive, I opened up DSM to add the drive to my existing SHR volume. Easy as pie, and the volume started expanding. Two hours later I checked up on the progress. To my surprise it was only at 2%. Time to investigate.
With a bit of googling I quickly found out that to tackle this problem you really need to get busy on the command line. DSM can’t do this kind of stuff (yet).
So see the progress of the expansion, login as root via telnet or ssh and enter cat /proc/mdstat [+enter].
The first of the tips was to increase the throughput parameters. Expanding a volume takes loads of I/O, so in order to ‘play nice’ to the rest of the system the expanding process keeps itself nice and quiet. By enlarging the parameter you can get significant better throughput.
echo 50000 >/proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_mit
But that didn’t work. So i did some more research and found out about a thing called strip cache size
. It was only set to 256 bytes! So I enlarged that to 16k and my performance jumped up to about 8 times! Instead of having to wait another 15400 minutes, I suddenly had only 2100 minutes to go, throughput going over 22000K/sec
echo 16384 >/sys/block/md2/md/stripe_cache_size
- Take your time when expanding volumes. Expanding 4Tb can easily take a day or two.
- Check your speed_limit_min and speed_limit_max
- Check your strip_cache_size